Sunday 3 July 2011

My workstation vs 5S hehe



When a friend of mine brag about 5S implementation in her office, I became a lil bit excited to find out more bout it. This is actually my first time hearing that the Japanese created such methodology for workplace organization. Aren't they superb ???? Always huh. And it's has been introduced in Japan in early 1980's. Wow tremendous :)

Basically 5S describe how to organize a work space and the phases are as the follwing:
-Sorting (seiri )
-Straightening (seito)
-Sweeping or shining or cleanliness /systematic cleaning (seiso)
-Standardizing (seiketsu)
-Sustaining the discipline or self-discipline (shitsuke

Hurmmm 5S methodology vs my very own workstation? Owh izit gonna be horror. Ok I’ll try to do some assessment based on my own judgement :D
See how I adapted the 5S (seiri, seiton, seiso, seiketsu, shitsuke) workplace organization :
1)    Sorting (seiri )  -  huhu only necessary items on my table..



 




2)    Straightening (seito), - yeah my fragrance oil collection always in a straight line...

3)    Sweeping or shining or cleanliness /systematic cleaning (seiso)  -  isn't tis shiny enuff :p 

4)    Standardizing (seiketsu), -  i have my pink version items on my table(urmmm standard color :D)



5)    Sustaining the discipline or self-discipline (shitsuke) - a hot drink tumbler to sustain my hot drinks to ensure i'm awake at all time and a memo clip for all the extra urgent to get done soonest possible :)


Hahahaha..Ok ok I know cant get 5/5 for the 5S.. :p  

No comments:

Post a Comment